The HATT Insider - February 2019
This issue of the HATT Insider is dedicated to the loving memory of HATT's own Linda Laper.
MLK Gala Honors Members of Community
HATT received recognition at the 15th Annual Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Acts of Kindness Awards Presentation Gala for the Business Award.
"All of the credit belongs to the HATT staff because we have a very dedicated staff, so thank you very much for this award," said HATT Executive Director Antonio Williams.
Little Free Library Grand Opening - Pecan Ridge
Robison Terrace Christmas Party
2019 PHADA/Rutgers Executive Director Education Program (EDEP)
Antonio Williams, Chief Executive Officer for the Housing Authority of the City of Texarkana, Texas recently graduated from the 2019 EDEP Program on Tuesday, January 8, 2019 in Miami, Florida during the PHADA Commissioners' Conference.
Community Events & School Programs view online at TexarkanaHA.org/Calendar
The RoseHill Neighborhood Network Center and Otis C. Williams Multicultural Museum
2220 West 15th Street, Texarkana, TX
Mon-Fri: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm / 903-255-7738
• Monday Connections: Join us once a month for FREE computer skill sessions.
• Free Career Closet: Do you need an outfit for a job interview or a career fair? Do you have a new job, but need help with proper clothing attire until payday?
• Free Computer Tutorials: For you to use at your own pace (computer basics, work and career, Photoshop, Microsoft Office 2000 - 2016, mobile device tips, and more)
1st Choice Pregnancy Resource Center
602 Main Street, Texarkana, Texas 75501 / 903-792-5735
• Toddler Care 6 Week Class
• $10 Free Baby Bucks to Spend in the Baby Store: The last Wednesday of each month 10:00 am to 12 noon. Diapers, baby clothes, formula, maternity clothes. Available to anyone pregnant or to a parent of a child under 24 months old. Must complete a 15 minute information session.
• Free Classes: Prepared Child Birth, Life Group, FPR, Baby Care, Toddler Care, Dads Only. Earn Baby Bucks with each class attended. Daytime and evening classes are available. Free professional photography session with a completed course.
RENTAL ASSISTANCE DEMONSTRATION (RAD) Program - Relocation Plan
Your Community will undergo a substantial rehabilitation. At this time, we expect that the rehabilitation may require you to be relocated temporarily from your unit. We will provide further details to you as plans develop. For more info or to view the Relocation Plan: TexarkanaHA.org/RAD
Five Year Plan
Amendment to the Housing Authority of City of Texarkana TX - 5 Year PHA Plan and Significant Amendment Change. For more info or to view the Five-Year Plan: TexarkanaHA.org/5-Year-Action-Plan
Resident Council Meetings
January: Diabetic Health Info - 2 pm RC Meeting
February: Heart Health Training 2 pm on February 14th at Valentine Celebration
Feb. 21st RC Mtgs - 'Residents Concern and Issues'
March: March 21st 2 pm at Resident Council Meeting Financial Information
April: Diversity Awareness in religious cultures, April 18th 2 pm at Resident Council Meeting
May: Memorial Day, May 27th remembering those who have fallen
May 16th RC Mtg - Gardening Tips
June: Juneteenth (June 19th), June 20th 2 pm - RC Mtg
July: July 4th at 2 pm - Independence Day Celebration
July 18th RC Meeting - Domestic Violence
August: August 15th RC Mtg - Heat Strokes Prevention
September: Labor Day, Recognition, 2 pm on Sept. 2nd and Sept. 19th RC Mtg & Bingo
October: Neighborhood Night out 4-6 pm on Oct. 8th
Oct. 17th RC Mtg - 'Preparing for the holidays'
Oct. 31st Harvest Time, Eating Better for Your Health
November: Veterans Day, November 11th, 2 pm
Thanksgiving dinner Nov. 14th at 2 pm
November 21st Thanksgiving Day, No RC Mtg
November 26th at 2 pm, Decorations for Christmas
December: Group photo at the Christmas tree on Dec. 10th at 3 pm
December 19th Christmas dinner and Resident Council meeting starts at 2 pm
HATT Executive Staff
Antonio Williams, Chief Executive Officer
Dr. Jackie Otto, Chief Operating Officer
Tarisha Duson, Director of Admin. Services
Ronnie Odom, Manager of HCV Programs
Jimmy Castle, Manager of Information Technology
Theo Nyamasvisva, Controller
Bill Edwards, Director of Construction Management and Modernization
2019 Board of Commissioners
Mrs. Melva Flowers Chairman
Mr. Bruce Powers Vice Chairman
Mrs. JoAnn Rice
Mr. Craig Manning
Mr. Louie B. George
Mrs. Mae Hamilton
Dr. Linda Nolen
HATT is staying in touch with you through social media & our website!